Thursday 20 September 2012

Planning: Script


Excerpt of Nuclear Warning message by Harry Shearer for BBC
Radio Announcement from the Prime Minister: 

PRIME MINISTER
This is the Prime Minister. Stay in quarantine; I assure you, everything will be alright.

EXT. WATERFOOT - DAY
A conversation between the journalist (TOM) and the war veteran (MAX) establishing a relationship between them. 

TOM
       Friendly!?  
 
MAX
   I’ll be whatever you want for that can of beans

EXT. COWM RESERVOIR - NIGHT
Cuts to another conversation between Tom and Max at night around a fire.

TOM
I just want to escape this place, forget my past.

MAX
I know a way out, but I’ll always wander these wastes.
Montage of news report: 

NEWS ANNOUNCER
“Global economy is in meltdown. *Static* Food supplies short. *Static* Revolution is upon us.

INT. COWM RESERVOIR - NIGHT
Enclave sat in a room (any room with chiaroscuro lighting).He slams shut his laptop and then he marks a map whilst saying “they’re here” when pinning it. Then he cocks his gun.

EXT. COWM RESERVOIR - DAY
Montage of dialogue with a non-diegetic voice over:

MAX
            Tom? TOM!

TOM
We gotta leave!

Non-diegetic voiceover of Tom:
     TOM
I knew this place once. I knew these people, I knew these streets. I knew myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment